Bryce is an experienced trial lawyer and trusted advisor to businesses and individuals. He practices commercial litigation in federal and state courts and has extensive first-chair trial experience, bringing numerous jury trials to successful verdicts. Before forming Giles Lenox LLC, Bryce was a partner with Thompson Hine LLP, one of Ohio’s largest law firms.
Bryce has secured significant results for clients before juries, judges and arbitrators, and has successfully negotiated multi-million dollar settlements in matters ranging from consumer class actions to complex product liability and intellectual property disputes. He has represented in court and counseled a variety of clients, ranging from Fortune 500 corporations to individuals and family businesses, in federal and state trial and appellate courts. Bryce also serves as a court-appointed mediator for the Hamilton County Common Pleas Court.
Prior to law school, Bryce worked in public accounting and attained CPA certification, which has enabled him to take on cases involving accountants and accounting issues. Bryce has represented corporations and corporate CFOs and controllers in cases regarding accounting irregularities, and accounting firms facing SEC and the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board ("PCAOB") inquiries. Bryce has assisted in providing reports of such matters to audit committees, responded to broad agency-issued subpoenas, and negotiated favorable settlements of agency charges.
Bryce actively participates in a number of community and professional organizations. He is the Treasurer and Chairman of the Finance Committee for the Dan Beard Council of the Boy Scouts of America. He also sits on the Board of Directors for the Federal Bar Association and Summer Work Experience in Law (SWEL), and was a member of the 2005 class of the Cincinnati Academy of Leadership for Lawyers. Bryce has taught Managerial Ethics as an Adjunct Professor at the Northern Kentucky University School of Business. In his free time, Bryce enjoys running, and has completed a marathon and several 200-mile overnight relays.
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- United States District Court for the Southern Districts of Ohio
- United States District Court for the Western District of Kentucky
- University of Dayton School of Law; J.D.; 1998; cum laude; Executive Editor, University of Dayton Law Review
- University of Notre Dame; B.B.A., Accountancy; 1992
- $1,200,000 judgment in favor of regional bank for recovery of mortgage loans and other indebtedness of a mortgage broker.
- $300,000 verdict, including punitive damages, in favor of a national yellow pages directory business for trademark infringement by local competitor.
- Representation of specialty chemicals manufacturer in an action for misappropriation of its polymer formula by a toll manufacturer, including trial on the merits.
- Directed verdict in favor of a publicly held real estate investment trust relating to lease within regional mall.
- Verdict for inventor of flat panel touch screen technology for breach of royalty fee agreement with former employer/distributor.
- Arbitration award in favor of national grocer for breach of software agreement by vendor.
- Summary judgment for financing company against claims for consumer sales practices violations stemming from sale of automobile.
- Summary judgment in favor of national tax credit syndicate against manager of various properties.
- Representation of national wireless carrier in consumer class action relating to roaming charges.
- Representation of Big 4 accounting firm in Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB) investigation surrounding restatement of financial statements for national health club chain.
- Representation of partner of a Big 4 accounting firm in PCAOB investigation surrounding restatement of financial statements of a national provider of electronic information services.
- Representation of and successful settlement for shareholders of closely held corporation in dispute over failed merger.
- Representation of officers and directors of venture capital fund relating to purported breaches of fiduciary duty.
- Representation of international flavoring company in product liability action concerning employee exposure to diacetyl and acetaldehyde at various food manufacturing facilities in Ohio and Missouri.
- Representation of public company in product liability suit concerning mobile folding cafeteria tables.
- Representation of steel supplier in product liability action concerning materials supplied for construction of a costal harbor.
Reported Federal and State Cases:
- Yellowbook Inc. v. Brandeberry, 708 F.3d 837 (6th Cir. 2013)
- Five Star Fin. Corp. v. Merchs. Bank & Trust Co., 2013-Ohio-3097 (Ohio Ct. App. 2013)
- Merchs. Bank & Trust Co. v. Five Star Fin. Corp., 195 Ohio App. 3d 42 (Ohio Ct. App. 2011)
- Huntington Nat'l Bank v. Winter, 2011-Ohio-1751 (Ohio Ct. App. 2011)
- Cowit v. Cellco P'ship, 181 Ohio App. 3d 809 (Ohio Ct. App. 2009)
- State ex rel. Givaudan Flavors Corp. v. Nadel, 2007-Ohio-5971 (Ohio Ct. App. 2007)
- Gabriel Performance Prods., LLC v. Cognis Corp., 2007-Ohio-2307 (Ohio Ct. App. 2007)
- SuperValu Holdings, Inc. v. Jackson Ctr. Assocs., LP, 2006-Ohio-3472 (Ohio Ct. App. 2006)
- IBM v. Omnicare, Inc., 162 Fed. Appx. 432 (6th Cir. 2006)
- One Beacon Ins. Co. v. Broad. Dev. Group, Inc., 147 Fed. Appx. 535 (6th Cir. 2005)
- SuperValu Holdings, Inc. v. Jackson Ctr. Assocs., LP, 2004-Ohio-4314 (Ohio Ct. App. 2004)
- Phillips v. Pa. Gen. Ins. Co., 2004-Ohio-2540 (Ohio Ct. App. 2004)
- Thompson v. Hartford Fire Ins. Co., 2004-Ohio-281 (Ohio Ct. App. 2004)
- Armbruster v. CGU Ins., 2003-Ohio-3683 (Ohio Ct. App. 2003)
- Walker v. Hartford Fire Ins. Co., 2003-Ohio-2545 (Ohio Ct. App. 2003)
Professional Associations and Community Involvement:
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Cincinnati Bar Association
- Finance and Administration Committee 2013 - present
- Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky Chapter of Federal Bar Association
- Board of Directors, 2010 - present
- Dan Beard Council, Boy Scouts of America,
- Board of Directors 2008 - present
- Treasurer and Chair of the Finance Committee, 2009-present
- Special Events Committee, 2009 - present
- Peterloon Executive Committee, 2014 - present
- Capital Campaign Committee, 2014 - present
- Summer Work Experience in Law (SWEL)
- Board of Directors, 2011 - present
- Director of Curriculum, 2014 - present
- Adjunct Professor - Haile/US Bank College of Business, Northern Kentucky University, 2010-2012
- Sands Montessori - Volunteer
- Cincinnati Academy of Leadership for Lawyers, Class of 2005
- Cincinnati Bar Association Report, “Social Media and Discovery: Be Careful What You Post” - May 2012
- Presenter at toxic mold seminar and prepared materials for 2000 Ohio State Bar Association Antitrust Conference
- Casenote, "Personal Jurisdiction in Cyberspace: Teaching the Stream of Commerce Dog New Internet Tricks" • University of Dayton Law Review, Vol. 22 • Spring 1997
- Comment, "Genetic Discrimination in Insurance and Employment: Spoiled Fruits of the Human Genome Project" • University of Dayton Law Review, Vol. 23 • Fall 1997